This is my peer review for the interactive learning resource on Basic Nutrition in our Daily Diet.

General thoughts: First I would like to say that I was super excited to go through your interactive learning resource as I find this topic really interesting. I also thought about doing a similar topic for my resource as health and nutrition is a passion of mine. You made a good choice using wordpress for this course. The layout is really user friendly and easy to navigate. It flows very much like the online courses I have taken in university. Under each topic page the outcomes and expectations are clear. You have good use of images to break up the texts.  I like how you have both a graded and ungraded activity for each assignment. At least one of the activities was interactive and the other one was for assessment. You also use a variety of different technologies which is good as well. I think you have demonstrated your learning and the skills you have developed in this class really well. I have several suggestions for you as this draft is incomplete. Hopefully my feedback is helpful for you as you finish this assignment.

Learning outcomes: I would suggest using verbs in your learning outcomes that are quantifiable. For example, I am wondering how you would assess that your learner has “considered” the impact of nutrition on our everyday diets? I notice that there are new learning outcomes in each topic that were not included in the learning outcomes on the overview page. I would suggest you include all of your learning outcomes in a list on the overview page.

Presentation: It appears to me that you have not changed each section of the template for the website. This was a little confusing to me when going through your resource. Here are the sections I believe you have not changed yet; the “About me” section on the first page, everything in the “schedule” tab, and the bottom of every page says “[Name]   [Email]    [Phone number]”. Maybe in one of these sections you could include who your audience is as I was not sure who this course is intended for. I also do not see a section for your rationale.

Below the “About me” section on the first page it looks like you will use this as a resource section and it appears like you plan to add links but have not done so at this point when I am reviewing your resource. If you would like ideas for resources check out take a look at these:

I kept forgetting that there were “assignments” so I think it would be helpful to provide a link to these or mention them again at the bottom of each topic page, similar to how you included links to the micronutrient and macronutrients in topic 2.

Topic 1: The information in the section about the importance of nutrients is a bit choppy. I think it would make sense to only talk about the importance of nutrients in this section and remove the bits about what happens if we do not eat food as this does not seem relevant in this section. In the “effects of nutrients” section I noticed a spelling error that affected my understanding. You spelled “diarrhoea” and I believe you meant to spell diarrhea. At the bottom of the page you explain where to find the additional reading and additional information, you say “topic 2” but I think you meant to write topic 1.

Topic 2: The image explaining the functions of each essential nutrient should include a reference unless this is your own work. Same with the images in the micronutrients subtopic.

Topic 3: This topic seems to be missing multiple references. Make sure that you include an in-text citation after every sentence that includes information from a resource even if you have re-worded it. The video at the bottom of this page needs some context. When I first clicked to watch the video I was confused and did not know what IBD was, I had to look it up.

Topic 4: You should include a reference for the section “defining daily diet”. At the bottom of this page you have written ‘read the subtopic pages on “Physical Health and “djhfjd”…’ I think the second thing in quotations was supposed to say different diets as that is what the link is below. In the subtopic “physical health” you should include a reference for the definition of physical activity,  the “benefits” section, and “reduce your health risks” section. The subtopic “different diets” appears to be unfinished. I can only see the words mediterranean diet, veganism, vegetarianism, and gluten free diet. There are boxes next to these that look like you might include images but I cannot see them at this time.

Assignment #1: I was expecting the quiz to be on Kahoot not Quizlet since that is what the photo is so I would change this so it makes more sense and so that your students don’t question that they are missing a link or that they have the wrong link.

Assignment #2: I think you should add where the student is expected to submit the blog post. Is there a class blog? Should they post in Google Classroom? Etc

Assignment #3: I think you should include where the students are submitting their recipes.
Assignment #4: The assignment is missing from this tab.

Overall: I think you had a strong start to your assignment but at this point it is incomplete and missing multiple parts from the assignment criteria. I hope that my suggestions about your resource so far will be helpful for you as you complete this assignment.