I have chosen to learn the ukulele for my music inquiry assignment. My music knowledge is little to none. I have minimal experience playing instruments. I learned how to play the recorder in grade 3 but that was so long ago that I do not remember anything about it. I thought I would learn the ukulele because I have friends who have taught themselves how to play and it seems to be a common instrument that is taught in elementary schools. The first time I picked up the ukulele and tried playing it, my fingers kept slipping on the strings and I was unable to play clear notes. I also did not know what fingers to use to strum or if I needed a pick. I wrote down what each chord looks like and wrote out the chords and strumming pattern to the song I originally wanted to learn which was when the party’s over by Billie Eillish. I kept getting frustrated with myself as I could not get the hang of it or make it sound like the girl in the YouTube video https://youtu.be/DZgOB7CB6CU . I decided to search for songs for beginners instead of “easy” songs on the ukulele because they were not easy for me. I then found better videos where they actually taught how to strum and place your fingers on the strings. This helped but I still cannot play clear chord sounds with multiple fingers. I think I have the C chord down now and the A minor chord (both one-finger chords), F is getting there but my finger keeps touching other strings which is preventing me from playing a clear sounding chord. I am still figuring out what fingers to use while strumming. I like the sound better without a pick because it is piano but I get a more consistent sound with the pick.